Top the Corned Beaf Hash with Sunny-Side Ups, Over-Easys or Eggless Scramble from The Non-Dairy Formulary.
• 3 T Better Butter (from either of my cookbooks) or vegan margarine
• 1 small onion, finely diced (about ⅔ cup)
• 2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
• 8 to 10 oz. Corned Beaf (from The Gentle Chef Cookbook)
• 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole new potatoes or
1 lb. potatoes of choice, peeled, cut into chunks and boiled until tender
• sea salt or kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste
• 2 T finely chopped fresh parsley
Finely dice the potatoes and set aside. Dice the corned beaf or pulse in a food processor until minced. Set aside.
Melt the butter or margarine in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté an additional minute.
Mix in the corned beaf, potatoes and parsley. Spread out evenly over the pan. Increase the heat to medium-high and press down on the mixture with a spatula.
Do not stir the mixture. The goal is to achieve browning. After a few minutes, use the spatula to flip sections over in the skillet to brown the opposite side. Press down again with the spatula. If the mixture is sticking, add a little more butter or margarine to the pan. Continue to cook in this manner until the potatoes and the corned beaf are nicely browned.
Remove from heat and salt and pepper to taste.